Dolce Vita Rubbed Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey divided equally 4 ways and formed into patties
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a spice grinder, food processor, or using a mortar & pestle, combine all of the spices. (If you don’t have any of those tools, place the spices into a zip-top plastic bag and close the top. Use a rolling pin to crush and blend the spices together.)
- Liberally apply the seasoning blend to both sides of each patty. Rub the spices in so that they form a nice crust when you cook it.
- The burgers can be grilled, fried in a pan, or even cooked under a broiler. Be sure to use proper food safety practices by cooking them until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 163 degrees for optimal safety.